Saturday 11 January 2014

Flesherton, Ontario

I have started scanning my newspapers again, focusing on the ones I have from the Flesherton,Ontario. So many of my ancestors were from the Grey county area so I often attended auctions and yard sales in that area in hopes of finding family connections.

I love the ads from the early newspapers in Grey county. Great sources for genealogical info for one. The ads from this area represent new beginnings. Young farmers from other lands starting a new life in Canada.

I found these two early Flesherton ads. The butcher was my gr gr uncle and the other my gr gr grandfather.


I have started a genealogy blog for this family. Some of the main names in this tree are Blakely,Lever,Orr,Holley,Stafford. Have a peek (there are ads there too!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment